Monday, January 31, 2005

Mr.Saturday Night

For the first time in over 10 yrs and outside high school I got up onstage and did my own stand-up material. It was both terrifying and exciting like spinning out in a parking lot fueled by gin and a "What have I got to lose attitude?" I got up there and did it for a crowd of twenty or so and they loved it. Nothing boosts a young, well okay not young, boy's confidence like being a success right out of the gate. Stand up is the most terrifying thing I can think of and I managed to give it the old smack down!
In stand up YOU are the product if they don't laugh they're not laughing at you, you are not funny. If they do laugh, whoa boy! I've heard that making someone laugh is a very aggressive act, eliciting a reaction from someone against their will, and I can defiantly see that.
Now granted I did something like 3 min. but I told one that hit one that missed and I felt great, so I'm counting the evening a success.