Friday, February 18, 2005

Newsflash!

Being Poor SUCKS I know that this is not really news to anyone, but it's just been hitting me over the head a lot lately. I'm here in the Belleville public library which tends to be VERY public if you catch my drift. What a pain in the ass.
I'm back from LA. and it went VERY well however the future of the show is really uncertain. At the getting to know you lunch we found out that there wasn't an air date for season 2 yet. It's shot and in the can ready to go but the network isn't giving it any action. However if PAX doesn't pick it up my understanding is that they can shop it to other networks... Such as their new owners NBC. So now it's like I've got a lotto ticket it's either something or its nothing. Hopefully this'll pay off in spades and I'll be Joe Davis "luckiest boy on earth", but if not I got me a plane ride and a big Ol' fancy Hotel stay out of the deal.

We did a show out there at the ACME theatre as part of our "audition" basically it was to see if we could flex our improv muscles under pressure. They set up the show like it was World Cup (if you haven't seen it there is a link on my website under "now playing"). Two teams went head to head for 5 rounds and won based on the votes of the audience, then there was another two teams in the second half. The winners from the two halves competed in a final round of one scene each. Theirs was one of the best "Film Noir" scenes I've ever witnessed, I really thought it was in the bag for them. Then we countered with a "Bob Fosse scene about an after school job at a grocery, I pulled my calf muscle during that scene but we ended up on top, it was damn close. It was some of my best work. We worked together like old friends and we couldn't go wrong up there. So our team "Der Flanken Bitte"consisting of Will, Michelle, and myself took the day
The best part about being out there was that I met some really kick ass people Dan, Steve, Michelle, the Chrisses, Will, Josh, Dale, and Jack, and his pal Jim all very cool. So Kelsey, uh Mr. Grammer if you read this give us a shot at it.